Monday, October 15, 2012

A True NYJets Experience Come True


Being a loyal New York Jets fan is not an easy thing to be. Honestly most years the Jets are absolutely terrible and never live to make it to the post-season. Occasionally the Jets will completely shock you and have a successful season and somehow find their way into the playoffs….2009 season anyone when the Jets were 9-7 in the regular season and  lost in the AFC Conference Championship to the Colts? But the thing is you never know what’s going to happen next and can’t be disappointed when they return to their old habits and get pounded on and can’t score a single touchdown the entire game. The Jets have not made it to the Superbowl since 1968 when Joe Namath led the team and every year loyal Jets fans pray that this will be the year we make it but know in their hearts it is a long-shot. My father swears by his life that if the Jets ever make it back to the Superbowl he will be there but claims he is not bringing the rest of our family…we well see about that.

Maybe it was the way I was brought up but being anything but a New York Jets fan was not an option. Not only is my entire dad’s family huge fans but growing up with two brothers and no sisters I had no other choice but to sit down and “cheer” but more like yell and scream while watching the Jets play on TV. This season has been no exception to the typical Jets seasons in the past.  The Jet’s pre-season was a complete fail and couldn’t even score a single touchdown but now they have picked up their momentum and are 3-3 with still a chance to make it to the playoffs.

Yesterday I found myself sitting in the 14th row from the end-zone at the Jets Colts game. Every other time I’ve been to a football game I’ve sat in the upper deck and could barely see the game and was more entertained by the drunk screaming men yelling in my ear but sitting so close to the field I was amazed at what I could actually see. Discussing our predictions with surrounding fans before the start of the game everyone just assumed the Jets were going to lose but miraculously they pulled it together and come out with a win. That the thing being a Jets fan- you rather expect the worst and get excited when it turns out well instead of constantly being disappointed all the time. Walking to our seats proudly wearing my Tim Tebow jersey fans were telling me how much they hated him and how awful of a quarterback he was but when he went in and had a nice play those same fans started high-fiving me and cheering him on. Overall I could not have asked for a better game. 70 degrees and sunny with the Jets coming out with a win and spending the day with my friends is a great day in my book. Hopefully the Jets will survive against the New England Patriots next week!

Our view from our seats!

No comments:

Post a Comment