Sunday, September 23, 2012

Whats Trending in #ENT 195


Screen shot 2012-08-01 at 11.26.48 AM.png.jpg

After reading through our classes posts on who they follow on Twitter, it was very evident that many of my classmates had similar Twitter interests and followed many of the same sources. Many students expressed their interest in following the Presidential Campaign especially since many of us are first time voters and want to be fully informed before we cast our votes this November. Twitter has evolved into such an effective tool for following the election and Twitter is even taking it a larger role in election. I just discovered that Twitter has unveiled its "Political Index in August in an attempt to compare sentiment about President Obama and Mitt Romney to the overall mood of the massive micro-blogging universe which I found really innovative and exciting! 






After reading Julia Pierce's post about following the Wall Street Journal I realized that I also don't read many of the tweets posted by news sources unless something instantly grabs my attention and pops out at me. I usually just scroll past these posts but I realized what's the point of following the Wall Street Journal or the New York Times if I'm not actually reading them? Isn't the point of following sources is to actually read  their posts? I need to make a decision to actually start reading their posts or unfollow them in order to manage my Twitter account more effectively!




                                    

1 comment:

  1. The "Political Index" is a great venture. I know I'll be watching it. One thing you might want to consider in your twitter use, is schedule a time to scan twitter for 30 minutes. Start engaging the "non-friends" by RT (sharing) or even responding (reply) See what happens.

    ReplyDelete